- Phone: (800) 245-3333
Premium discounts and rate reductions are available including:
- Early Career Psychiatrists
- Part-time Practitioners
- Residents or Fellows
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
- Risk Management Education
- Group practice
- Psychoanalysis as Majority of Practice
- American Psychiatric Association Membership Credit
Make It Simple!
All providers in your practice - psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and other behavioral healthcare providers - can be covered under one medical professional liability insurance policy, along with the entity itself. Providers can all be covered under the one policy and still maintain a single defense under one claim if the situation ever arises.
Groups may also be eligible for up to an additional 5% discount.
When selecting an insurance partner, we invite you to consider the program that puts you and your group practice first. Click here to request a quote and to access free risk management resources developed by our in-house team of experts including "Managing Risk When Treating Patients with Suicidal Behaviors" and "A Risk Management Look into Integrated Care."
Emerging risks require enhanced coverage. Learn more about our newly enhanced coverage and see if it is now available in your state!
- Highly rated insurance carrier
- Claims-made and occurrence coverage available
- Administrative and Governmental Billing Defense Costs Endorsement coverage at $50,000 with no deductible - included at no additional cost
- Coverage for telepsychiatry and forensic services included in the policy
- Prior acts coverage available
- Tail premium for a claims-made policy waived:
After 10 years continuous, loss-free coverage; At retirement after 5 years continuous claims-made coverage and age 55 or more; After permanent disability; After death.
- Your consent to settle is required with no arbitration clause
- Premium financing available
- Vicarious liability of other employed professional or independent contractors coverage available
- Vicarious liability for supervision of professional not employed or contracted by psychiatrist included
- Defense costs as a supplement to policy limits
- Access to discounted background check packages
- General business liability
- Professional services provided as a Medical Director
- Publication of articles or books and broadcasting or telecasting activities directly relating to psychiatric services
- Formal clinical teaching activities
- Services as a member of a formal accreditation, credentialing or standards review or similar professional board or committee
- Good Samaritan medical treatment
- Psychiatric peer review, utilization review and participation on medical or medicine review committees
- General medicine incidental to psychiatry
- ECT/EST included at no additional charge
We look forward to serving you!
Actual terms, coverages, conditions and exclusions may vary by state. Unlimited consent to settle does not extend to sexual misconduct. Insurance coverage provided by Fair American Insurance and Reinsurance Company (NAIC 35157). FAIRCO is an authorized carrier in California, ID number 3175-7.
One Policy: All practitioners can be covered under one policy along with the group practice itself.
Reduced paperwork: No need to track numerous renewal dates and premium payments.
Simplification: Eliminate the time and inconvenience of working with multiple carriers.
Service: Your service representative, an experienced underwriter, knows and understands the needs of your group and is available to answer your questions via our toll-free number, fax, email or website.
If your group is ever faced with a claim, you can be confident of the best defense. We provide top-notch legal counsel with a demonstrated expertise in defending psychiatric malpractice actions. Many of the firms have been with The Program since its inception.
Program risk management services and strategies are specifically tailored to help your group avoid potential incidents and lawsuits. The toll-free Risk Management Consultation Service Helpline provides important advice and guidance on risk management issues encountered in your group practice. Staffed by experienced professionals with both legal and clinical backgrounds, this service can help prevent an incident from becoming a lawsuit.