Take a close look at your current professional liability insurance policy—many companies include an arbitration clause that allows the insurer to settle a claim using an arbitrator without your consent. PRMS policies do not include an arbitration clause, which means a claim will never be settled without your consent.* This, along with many other important features and essential benefits help to protect your reputation and your practice.
• In 30 years of claims management, our team has handled over 22,000 psychiatric-specific claims in-house
• Occurrence and claims-made policies available
• Administrative defense coverage at $50,000 with no deductible. (Higher limits available. Learn more about our enhanced policy and see if it is available in your state.)
• Coverage included for telepsychiatry and forensic services
• Risk management helpline and resources to help reduce your risk and avoid claims
If a claim were made against you today, would you have a say in the settle/defend decision? Click here to learn about the variety of consent to settle clauses.
For more information about how an arbitration clause can affect you and your practice, call (800) 245-3333 or complete and submit the form below.
*Except sexual misconduct.
Actual terms, coverages, conditions and exclusions may vary by state. Insurance coverage provided by Fair American Insurance and Reinsurance Company (NAIC 35157). FAIRCO is an authorized carrier in California, ID number 3715-7. www.fairco.com
Anatomy of a Lawsuit
What kinds of claims are we experiencing? What is the first thing you should do if a claim arises? How do we select defense attorneys to represent insureds? Learn these answers and more in Anatomy of a Lawsuit.