Support & Sponsorships
We are pleased to support the following organizations:
American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
Arizona Psychiatric Society
Association of Medicine and Psychiatry
California Psychiatric Association
Platinum Level Sponsor
Career, Leadership and Mentorship (CLM) Program for Residents
Central California Psychiatric Society
Florida Psychiatric Society
Georgia Psychiatric Physicians Association
Greater Long Island Psychiatric Society
Indiana Psychiatric Society
Indo-American Psychiatric Association
Kentucky Psychiatric Medical Association
Mississippi Psychiatric Association
New Jersey Psychiatric Association
New York County Psychiatric Society
New York State Psychiatric Association
Northern California Psychiatric Society
Orange County Psychiatric Society
Pennsylvania Psychiatric Society Small Chapter Coalition
Queens County Psychiatric Society
San Diego Psychiatric Society
Senior Psychiatrists, Inc.
Gold Corporate Sponsor
Society for the Study of Psychiatry and Culture
South Carolina Psychiatric Association
Platinum Corporate Sponsor
Washington Psychiatric Society
Washington State Psychiatric Association
Psychiatric Society of Westchester County, Inc.
- American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training
- Give an Hour
- Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Foundation
- The Psychiatric Foundation of North Carolina
- Psychiatric Foundation of Northern California
- Georgia Foundation for Psychiatric Education and Research
- Colorado Psychiatric Foundation
- The Kentucky Psychiatric Medical Society Foundation
- Iowa Psychiatric Society Foundation
- Minnesota Mental Health Community Foundation
- "Telepsychiatry and Risk Management" (Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience)
Written by PRMS Senior Risk Manager, Charles D. Cash, JD, LLM Login required
- "To Report or Not to Report"(Psychiatry)
- This column, written by PRMS risk management staff, addresses the issue of reporting impaired drivers. Login required
- Dr. Blog (Psychiatry)
What are the risks regarding hosting or contributing to blogs? Learn more from this article written by PRMS risk management staff. Login required
- FAQs About HIPAA and HITECH: What Physicians Need to Know (Psychiatric News)
- "Interpretation of [the new HITECH] law is still evolving, and there are many unanswered questions."
- Author Donna Vanderpool is the vice president for Risk Management at PRMS, Inc.
PRMS Announces Enhanced Insurance Protection for Psychiatrists
PRMS is pleased to announce substantial enhancements to its national program for psychiatrists. Read press release (.pdf)
Where is the enhanced policy available?Learn more here
The PRMS Blog
The PRMS Enhanced Policy Protects You From Emerging Risks
Does your medical professional liability insurance policy provide coverage for all risks associated with your practice? Read more
Previous PRMS Blog Entries
- The PRMS Enhanced Policy Protects You From Emerging Risks
- Recognizing Mental Health Month and the Importance of Mental Health Foundations
- Bronxters Back At It: Raising Money in NAMIWalksNYC 2016 and GLIPS Starting a Tradition with NAMIWalks Long Island/Queens 2016
- PRMS Helps Fund Travel Awards for Residents
- Recognizing Children's Mental Health Awareness Day on May 5
- Senior Psychiatrists Mission to Mentor and More
- Preparing for a Private Practice
- Blog Archives
Join Us on TwitterTweets by @PsychProgram
New York E-Prescribing: What You Need to Know Session - Recording now online!
View our informational meeting and practical advice for compliance.
PRMS Risk Manager Emerges as National Expert in Forensic Liability
Donna Vanderpool, MBA, JD, has become one of the nation's top experts in professional liability for forensic psychiatrists.
Request Free Information
Stay in the know! You can request free copies of our most-requested risk management articles.
PRMS Continues Longstanding Support of the Guttmacher Award
Since the early 1990s, PRMS has endowed the prestigious Manfred S. Guttmacher Award, which recognizes outstanding contributions to forensic psychiatry literature.
PRMS Vice President Co-Editor of Clinical Guide to Mental Disability Evaluations
PRMS Vice President, Risk Management, Donna Vanderpool, MBA, JD has co-edited a new guide to disability evaluations with renowned forensic psychiatrist Liza H. Gold, MD. The book addresses the various types of mental disability examinations and related issues.
People are talking! Hear what your colleagues are saying about The Program and PRMS Staff.
Two Top Liability Risks for Psychiatrists: Patients with Suicidal Behavior and Psychopharmacology
Patient suicides may trigger the most lawsuits, but according to PRMS data, cases with the largest verdicts or settlements don't involve the death of a patient, but significant and permanent physical and neurological damage requiring lifelong care.